Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Singaporean behind Direct2Dell blog success

Is Dell's blog a success?
Direct2Dell - Dell's Blog

It's a 'yes' in my book.

Almost everyone I know who owns a Dell product have read the Direct2Dell blog at one point or other.

Heck, I don't own a Dell but I've blogged about it nonetheless.

(I wish everyone who has borrowed a book from our public libraries have read a post from NLB's book blog, heh).

It's not just their blog per se. It's their use of blogs (and other people's blogs) to track customer's rants and comments -- comments that otherwise would not have been sent to Dell.

They actively respond to what people are saying in the Blogosphere (and their potential customers are able to see that they are responding).

What surprised me though, was that a Singaporean was instrumental to Dell's blog success:
Many folks have worked behind the scenes to help build Dell's Digital Media strategy. I'd be hard-pressed to find any single person who has been more influential to me than Wilson Tan.

What a nice gesture by Dell.

Or I should say, what a nice gesture by Lionel Menchaca, Dell's Digital Media Manager.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:01 am

    Thanks for the shout out. Lionel is one of the very best clients I've ever worked with--humble, earnest and diligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 am

    and we all really enjoyed working with Wilson and will miss him as part of the team

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great effort by Dell to reach out to its gazillion users, myself included. I wish that more companies would be as proactive in treating their customers as friends who need help, rather than foes who are out to assault you!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.