Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sound Clash

I don't know much about the Web 2.0 stuff, apart from the fact that it has to do with the social collaborative nature of the web. But here's a Web 2.0 example, as it happened to me:

After I posted my "Saturday In May" music piece done with GarageBand, a blogger from the other side of the world (real name, Greg Samborski) left this comment. Apparently he found me via a Blogger search and clued me to a project he and his buddies started, called Sound Clash.

The rules are simple: The amount of time you can spend on creating the track, the application to be used etc.

I emailed Greg to say that Sound Clash is a great idea. I asked where he and his buddies find time to create the tracks -- which I realised afterwards that it was a dumb question, 'cos if your heart is in it, you'll find the time... anyway, Greg replied to say that time is a constraint but they limit the Clash to an hour or so.

So far, I've participated in two web/ blog-based Art Challenges (Illustration Friday and Inspire Me Thursday). Sound Clash represents yet another blog-based "challenge" concept.

Come to think of it, the "challenge" element in Web 2.0's context isn't so much the competition but the interactive/ social/ conversational elements, i.e the facilitation of dialogues via art/ music, with web-based tools as enablers.


Tag:

2 comments:

  1. For someone who claims he doesn't know much about Web 2.0 stuff, you summarise it pretty well in this context: "...the interactive/ social/ conversational elements, i.e the facilitation of dialogues via art/ music, with web-based tools as enablers."

    I guess it's not so much how Web 2.0's defined, rather, what you can do with it that's more important. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I borrowed that line about "interactive/ social/ conversational" from you. Glad you dropped by. Gives me a chance to give you credit of sorts :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.